Youth Haven's Career Opportunities
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and process credit card payments.
- Manage vendor account information and process invoices to ensure accuracy and prompt payment.
- Prepare monthly billings as required by contract for Emergency Shelter and other programs.
- Support invoicing of counseling fees and maintain accounts receivable for same. Investigate all denied services.
- Assist Program Director with Medicaid Insurance credentialing
- Maintain check registers and reconcile operating account bank statements monthly.
- Reconcile employee credit card statements, following up on all receipts.
- Prepare schedules and analysis for annual audit and informational purposes and assist with all financial and compliance audits.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll to include, but not limited to, time card verification and monthly payroll processing and reconciliation. Maintain and update employee information, including withholding and insurance deductions.
- Control and reconcile petty cash fund.
- Ensure that the Director of Finance & Operations is constantly apprised of current financial status. Advises immediately of any areas needing prompt attention.
- Support new employee hiring and perform new employee onboarding
- Manage and maintain employee personnel files per requirements of Department of Children & Families and Children’s Network of Southwest Florida
- Assist with employee benefits management and online employee portals
High school diploma with a minimum of two years accounting / bookkeeping experience, preferably in a non-profit setting. Excellent computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Quickbooks/Sage, MS Word, MS Excel, and database management applications. Demonstrated awareness of confidentiality and adherence to agency policy and procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA requirements.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If interested, please click on the tab below to email your resume to our Human Resources. Thank you!
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the continuing implementation of an intentionally structured environment to help reinforce proper behaviors through the context of community life and responsibility.
- Assume responsibility for the direct supervision of children placed in the residential emergency shelter.
- Follow the program schedule, instructions and assignments outlined by the Shelter Coordinators/Shelter Managers.
- Interact with, initiate, and encourage children in structured educational, social and recreational activities.
- Ensure that children participate in structured group activities as outlined on the Activities Calendar.
- Provide appropriate role modeling and direction to the children in their daily routines.
- Work with other Youth Care Workers and staff to listen and meet the needs of the children while in our care.
- Responsible for all cleaning and laundry duties related to a well-maintained emergency shelter to include, but not be limited to, all rooms of facility.
- Prepare all required written reports, notes, and logs, file records in an orderly and timely fashion as assigned by the Shelter Coordinator.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records on a daily basis including, but not limited to, the service log, school attendance log, recreation and cultural activity report, shift reports, medication log and EPSDT reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED and at least two years’ experience working with children in a residential program, youth program or comparable group experience. AA or BA/BS Degree preferred. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Preference may be given to persons with CPR and First Aid certification.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If interested, please click on the tab below to email your resume. Thank you!