WORKING FOR A SAFER SWFL
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to provide a safe and therapeutic haven for children in crisis, and to educate, support and strengthen families in an effort to prevent abuse and keep children safe. Eligible full-time employees are provided a generous and competitive benefits package.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT MENTOR: Homeless Teen Transitional Living Program (HTTLP)
The Youth Empowerment Mentor has the responsibility to assist with the residential component of Rob’s Cottage as it relates to providing high quality care and support for homeless teens and older youth in foster care. The role of the mentor is to empower youth to develop personal skills and to involve them in creating a positive living environment with their peers. The residential component also includes client supervision, behavior management and participation in life skills activities. Candidates must have BA degree from an accredited college or university or 2 years of experience working with target-population or relevant experience in a human services field. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and have a valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record. Phone calls will not be accepted. If interested, please click on the tab below to to email your resume to our Human Resources. Thank you!
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & OPERATIONS
Youth Haven is searching for a Director of Finance & Operations to lead the administration, finance and operations departments of the organization. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develops and maintains agency wide budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting and reporting policies and practices.
- Responsible for all operational functions including facilities maintenance, safety, risk management, new construction, and administration.
- Analyzes financial results and provides management and Board of Directors with an understanding of the agency’s financial performance and make actionable recommendations on strategy. Interfaces regularly with Board of Directors and board committees.
- Assures that accounting functions and financial and management records are prepared in accordance with regulations and business requirements. Responsible for financial statement preparation, general ledger, A/R, A/P and payroll.
- Oversees capital asset purchases and inventory.
- Manages capital grants and interacts with State and Federal grantors and produces required grant reporting.
- Maintains agency relationship with financial institutions and assists in selecting and engaging outside consults (auditors, investment advisors).
- Responsible for financial and compliance audits for both contract and independent auditors.
- Monitors all program contracts from financial viewpoint, compliance and reporting in conjunction with program staff.
- Negotiates with outside vendors for all liability insurance as well as employee health, optional insurance, and 403(b) plan.
- Ensures that the information systems are running efficiently and are capable of producing relevant donor and financial information.
- Manages computer systems, hardware and software installation and coordinates maintenance and service with computer consultants.
- Must possess excellent analytical, abstract reasoning, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office products and accounting software, Sage or QuickBooks preferred.
- Candidate must have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 7-10+ years proven experience in a non-profit organization with an annual budget of at least $2 million. Advanced degree or CPA/CGMA preferred.
- Phone calls not accepted, email resume by clicking on the tab below.
Youth Haven is a drug free, equal opportunity employer and does not, nor shall not, discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, creed, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or religion. Local and federal background checks, and drug screening mandatory. Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.