Youth Haven's Career Opportunities
MAIN FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the continuing implementation of an intentionally structured environment to help reinforce proper behaviors through the context of community life and responsibility.
- Assume responsibility for the direct supervision of children placed in the residential emergency shelter.
- Follow the program schedule, instructions and assignments outlined by the Shelter Coordinators/Shelter Managers.
- Interact with, initiate, and encourage children in structured educational, social and recreational activities.
- Ensure that children participate in structured group activities as outlined on the Activities Calendar.
- Provide appropriate role modeling and direction to the children in their daily routines.
- Work with other Youth Care Workers and staff to listen and meet the needs of the children while in our care.
- Responsible for all cleaning and laundry duties related to a well-maintained emergency shelter to include, but not be limited to, all rooms of facility.
- Prepare all required written reports, notes, and logs, file records in an orderly and timely fashion as assigned by the Shelter Coordinator.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records on a daily basis including, but not limited to, the service log, school attendance log, recreation and cultural activity report, shift reports, medication log and EPSDT reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED and at least two years’ experience working with children in a residential program, youth program or comparable group experience. AA or BA/BS Degree preferred. Preference may be given to persons with CPR and First Aid certification.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If interested, please click on the tab below to email your resume to our Human Resources. Thank you!
Tutors needed for the following subjects: ESL (Spanish and Creole), higher grades math and general education (all subjects).
Required Criteria: Must love teaching and connecting with students. Experience working with students with learning disabilities. Patience working with youth. Must have technical skills since tutoring will be conducted over Zoom. Must be available to tutor twice a week for about an hour each day to start.